Years 21 - 30
Indicative cost: $26 million
- Retrofit Tasman Bridge to support more road users by dedicating existing space to shared and active options.
- Continue to enact a settlement strategy with a focus on densifying existing housing that surrounds the hubs created in previous periods.
- Complete work on separated cycle paths as part of road upgrade projects with a focus on high-use routes (Main Rd/Elizabeth St, Channel Highway/Sandy Bay Rd and Clarence St), with a view to continue into other locations in future years.
- Complete integration of low/zero emission and autonomous vehicles for public transport with a particular focus on connecting with other transport options.
- Continue to invest in Intelligent Transport Systems that allow vehicles to communicate with traffic signals and other infrastructure to facilitate efficient and safe movement.
Want to know more?
Click on the links below for further details of the Hobart Vision staged approach.